A variety of services and events are being held by a group of rural churches to celebrate the Easter season.
St John’s Church in Peasedown, along with St Julian’s in Wellow, St James’ in Foxcote and St Julian’s Shoscombe – known collectively as the St J’s Group – have something for everyone.
Leader of all four churches, Revd Matthew Street, said:
“Easter is the most important Christian festival of the year. The events that unfolded in Jerusalem almost 2,000 years ago have shaped our faith. Jesus’ death and resurrection tell us a huge story about the sacrifice that one man made for the rest of humanity and the love God has for us all.
Come and find out more about the Easter story at one of our special weekend events, whether that’s our Meditation evening on Maundy Thursday, the Churches Together Walk of Witness on Good Friday, or our Easter Sunday Celebrations.”
The four churches, along with sister churches in Peasedown St John, will be hosting:
Maundy Thursday – 13th April
- ‘Waiting in the Garden of Gethsemane’ 7pm, St John’s Church Peasedown, followed by a community meal at 8pm.
Good Friday – 14th April
- Peasedown Christians Together United Service at St John’s Church, Peasedown St John, at 10am, followed by a Walk of Witness, and coffee and hot cross buns at the church.
- Meditation on the Cross, 3pm, St Julian’s Church, Wellow.
Easter Day – 16th April
- Easter Day Holy Communion, 10am, St Julian’s Church, Wellow
- Easter Day Holy Communion, 10.30am, St John’s Church, Peasedown
- ‘The Easter Story’, 3pm, St James’ Church, Foxcote
For more details visit the St J’s Group website, www.stjsgroup.church, which includes details of future events, the church’s work in the community, activities going on during the week and live recordings of Sunday sermons.