Safeguarding our children, young people and vulnerable adults
To complete the “Volunteer Application Form”, please scroll down this page.
The St. J’s Group is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults to worship and grow in Christ safely. The safe recruitment of volunteers procedure applies to all those who apply for voluntary or paid employment working with children, young people or vulnerable adults in the St. J’s Group of churches. The St. J’s Group adopts the Safeguarding policy from the Diocese of Bath & Wells. Our Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults Policy can be viewed by clicking Safeguarding policy or on the Safeguarding pages of the Bath & Wells website.
Safeguarding Officer and Children’s Advocate across The St J’s Group
Rob Bubyer who is the Safeguarding Officer. Email Rob.Bubyer@stjsgroup.church.
Sarah Carney is our Children’s Advocate and can be contacted by emailing Sarah.Carney@stjsgroup.church.
THE DIOCESE SAFE RECRUITMENT PROCEDURE
1. All applicants applying for a voluntary or paid employment working with children, young people or vulnerable adults in the church will be given an up to date job description and person specification details for the role (see below for these).
2. All applicants are required to complete an application form, confidential declaration form and reference request form.
3. The applicant will be given a face to face interview/discussion to assess the applicant’s ability to meet the job description and person specification.
4. The successful applicant is informed that the offer of employment (including volunteer positions) is conditional on receiving satisfactory information from all necessary checks; including Disclosure Barring Service check if the applicant is eligible. Formerly called Criminal Records Bureau (CRB).
5. A Disclosure Barring Service application form is completed online. The applicant will not commence their employment until the Disclosure Barring Service procedure is completed. The safeguarding person will be informed of the outcome of the check.
6. Depending on the outcome of the Disclosure Barring Service check the applicant may or may not be able to take up the position of employment (voluntary or paid) offered.
7. At the end of the procedure the PCC will minute the appointment made.
Job Descriptions/General Guidelines for each position
Click below for the relevant duties involved with each role.Breakfast Club Little Lights Toddler Group Little Treasures Toy Library SJ’s Holiday Club Soul Food Children’s Work Movement Worship Nights – Youth
Volunteer Application Form
The Volunteers Application form below will be completed by all paid and voluntary workers with children or vulnerable adults in accordance with House of Bishop’s and Diocesan Safeguarding guidance policy and procedures. The applicant may also be required to complete an enhanced disclosure (DBS). The PCC of each church in the St J’s Group is responsible for the acceptance and accreditation of all workers with children or vulnerable adults in the St J’s Group.
Every worker (paid or voluntary) will need to fill in the Volunteers Application form below which will be securely retained by the incumbent (Vicar).